1000 Series Curtain Wall Fabrication Machine with One Tilting Z-Head and 3' X 36' Work Envelope
In 1999, CNT built the first of several machines designed to drill and mill long aluminum extrusions for pre-engineered commercial building exterior wall coverings, known as curtain walls. (This operation was previously being performed by individuals with drills and tape measures. The milling was done separately on a manual Bridgeport, requiring frequent indexing of the part.) Today, we’re offering a single-step, automated curtain wall fabrication solution with a standard work envelope that’s even larger, a pivoting head, automatic tool changer and alcohol/oil coolant system.
• NEMA 12 Control Cabinet with 1000 BTU Cabinet Cooler
• Perimeter Cable E-Stop with I/O for Customer Safety Equipment
• Computer Control Spindle On/Off/Speed Changes
• Automatic Tool Length Measure Switch
• Pressurized and Lubricated 25mm Bearing and Ball Screw System
• C-Axis for Head Rotation ±90 Degrees for Machining Sides of Parts
• One 12HP HSD ISO30 Four-pole 230V Tool Changer
• 15-station Tool Turret and Eight ISO30 Tool Holders
• Drum Thief SMC Alcohol Misting System
• 12 Vises with Auto Place Setting Down Length of Table with Vertical and Horizontal Clamps for Part Holding
• Four Pop-up Part Location Pins
• Four Days of Installation and Training
• Bar Code Reader with G-Code File Association Software
*CNT can manufacture automated clamping and hold-down fixtures, or the customer can provide their own.
|Positioning Accuracy||± 0.002"|
|Cutting Envelope of Machine||3' Wide X 36' Long**|
|Work Envelope of Clamps||1" to 15" Wide Clamp Range**|
|Z-axis Travel and Clearance||18" **|
|Rapid Traverse X & Y||2000 IPM|
|Rapid Traverse Z||500 IPM|
|X-axis Drive||Helical Rack-and-pinion|
|Y- and Z-axes Drives||Ball Screw|
|Controller||WinCNC PC-based Controller|
|Weight||Approx. 10000 Lbs.|
**Standard specs. Optional dimensions available. Call for details and pricing.
Additional Photos (Click to Enlarge)
LOOKING FOR A SMALLER FOOTPRINT?
A single-step automated solution designed to drill and mill aluminum extrusions for a variety of applications, including door & window frames, aircraft components, lighting enclosures and wall systems.