CNT-1000 Extrusion Series CNC Machine with One Tilting Z-head 4' X 12' Work Envelope
In 1999, CNT built the first of several small part CNC machines designed to drill and mill aluminum extrusions for a variety of applications, including door & window frames, aircraft components, lighting enclosures and wall systems. These operations had typically been performed by individuals with drills and tape measures. The milling was done separately on a Bridgeport with limited table travel, requiring frequent indexing of the part. With a 12-foot bed, 24 vise clamp positions, eight pop-up position stops, pivoting head, 15-position automatic tool changer and alcohol coolant system, this state-of-the-art technology from the CNT machine provides a single-step automated CNC machining solution. This is precision machining at its finest.
On the machine pictured here, the vise deck is removable to allow access to a fully functional vacuum grid bed for machining aluminum sheet material. The vise deck is removed using four lifting rings and easily and accurately reinstalled using location pins.
• 48" Wide X 144" Long Cutting Area;
• 101" Wide X 175" Long Machine Footprint;
• AC Brushless Closed-Loop Servo Drives;
• An IBM-Compatible PC, State-of-the-art WinCNC™ Motion Control Software in a NEMA 12 Cabinet;
• A Full-perimeter Cable E-Stop;
• Computer-control Spindle On/Off/Speed Changes;
• Automatic Tool-length Measure Switch;
• Pressurized and Lubricated 25mm Hiwin Bearing System;
• One 10hp HSD ISO30 Four-pole Long-nose 230V Tool Changer;
• 15-Position Tool Turret;
• C-axis for +95 Degrees of Head Rotation;
• SMC Alcohol Misting System;
• Six Four-position Vise Clamps with Individual Control - 8" Long, 2.75" Deep, 0-8" Clamp Range;
• Eight Pop-up Part Location Pins
*Note that the vacuum system is not included in the price shown. Vacuum system is available for $13,865.00 and sold as an option.
|Cutting Area||48" X 144"|
|Z-axis Travel||18" **|
|Rapid Traverse X & Y||2000 IPM|
|Rapid Traverse Z||500 IPM|
|Y-axis Drive System||Helical Rack-and-pinion|
|X- & Z-axes Drive System||Hiwin Ball Screw|
|C-axis Drive System||153:1 Gear Box|
|Weight||Approx. 7500 Lbs.|
**Standard specs. Optional dimensions available. Call for details and pricing.
Speak with an Engineer Today