CNT-1000 Extrusion Series CNC Machine with One Tilting Z-head 4' X 12' Work Envelope
In 1999, CNT built the first of several small part CNC machines designed to drill and mill aluminum extrusions for a variety of applications, including door & window frames, aircraft components, lighting enclosures and wall systems. These operations had typically been performed by individuals with drills and tape measures. The milling was done separately on a Bridgeport with limited table travel, requiring frequent indexing of the part. With a 12-foot bed, 24 vise clamp positions, eight pop-up position stops, pivoting head, 15-position automatic tool changer and alcohol coolant system, this state-of-the-art technology from the CNT machine provides a single-step automated CNC machining solution. This is precision machining at its finest.
On the machine pictured here, the vise deck is removable to allow access to a fully functional vacuum grid bed for machining aluminum sheet material. The vise deck is removed using four lifting rings and easily and accurately reinstalled using location pins.
Additional Photos (Click to Enlarge)
• 48" Wide X 144" Long Cutting Area;
• 101" Wide X 175" Long Machine Footprint;
• AC Brushless Closed-Loop Servo Drives;
• An IBM-Compatible PC, State-of-the-art WinCNC™ Motion Control Software in a NEMA 12 Cabinet;
• A Full-perimeter Cable E-Stop;
• Computer-control Spindle On/Off/Speed Changes;
• Automatic Tool-length Measure Switch;
• Pressurized and Lubricated 25mm Hiwin Bearing System;
• One 10hp HSD ISO30 Four-pole Long-nose 230V Tool Changer;
• 15-Position Tool Turret;
• C-axis for +95 Degrees of Head Rotation;
• SMC Alcohol Misting System;
• Six Four-position Vise Clamps with Individual Control - 8" Long, 2.75" Deep, 0-8" Clamp Range;
• Eight Pop-up Part Location Pins
*Note that the vacuum system is not included in the price shown. Vacuum system is available for $13,865.00 and sold as an option.
|Cutting Area||48" X 144"|
|Z-axis Travel||18" **|
|Rapid Traverse X & Y||2000 IPM|
|Rapid Traverse Z||500 IPM|
|Y-axis Drive System||Helical Rack-and-pinion|
|X- & Z-axes Drive System||Hiwin Ball Screw|
|C-axis Drive System||153:1 Gear Box|
|Weight||Approx. 7500 Lbs.|
**Standard specs. Optional dimensions available. Call for details and pricing.
Speak with an Engineer Today